Makaylee

Kaiden

Thursday, August 14, 2008

One night is not a pattern :(

So, last night was not a repeat of the night before. Kaiden was up from 11-12 before I gave in and fed him at midnight. Then he was up again at 3:00am until around 4:30 when he finally fell asleep until 6:30. I pulled him into bed at that time and it was restless going from then on. Mike came upstairs around 8 and I slightly remembering asking him if Makaylee was up and he said no, so I pushed Kaiden to him and went back to sleep for another 30 minutes. People, I am not a naturally peppy soul. Despite the illusion created by being captain of the cheer squad my senior year, I do not function well without sleep. If you could see my house at this time you would understand that I needsleep. My daughter takes after me in that area. She loves her sleep. She almost always happily goes to sleep and proceeds to sleep 12 hours at night, and naps about two hours during the day. Although we have started skipping naps one or two days a week, she follows the rare non-nap days with usually 13 hours of sleep. So, my son seems to take after his father. Though I feel the need to point out that his father is the one getting sleep in the guest bedroom at this time. I have been told by Penny that both Dada and Auntie Sarah were terrible sleepers when they were young. The things we do for our kids :)

As most posts have been surrounding Kaidens sleepless nights I feel it is time to give an update on Makaylee. She is growing up. To quickly. She is a non stop talking machine. Her favorite phrases right now are "oh dear" and "oh my." No, I don't talk like that, neither does Mike so I have no idea why when she spilled the markers everywhere yesterday she said "Oh my!" Then sat down and said "oh dear, what will we do now??" She is doing great in the potty training arena. We wear panties during almost all waking time when we are at home and she is great at telling me when she needs to go. Although she has yet to poop in the potty yet, we are working on it. She is great at timing the bowel movements for nap time or after we put her to bed when she has a diaper on. Yesterday was the first time she pooped in her panties. Yuck. She has had three accidents since she figured out the whole potty training thing. Twice on Mike while the cuddle and watch TV in the AM. (HaHa!) And once when we were playing in the basement, and she was just to busy to notice. She has not pee'd out in public yet, but we will get there.

Makaylee has also started to like Disney movies. She is in love with Arial at the moment. Mostly because she was given a pair of Arial panties that she loves, and so the movie followed that. She also loves fish, so it was a natural love. We were out at the grocery store the other day and I reached for the teddy grahams and she said "No! Arial crackers!" Because there was a box of disney princess crackers right next to the teddy grahams. So, it has begun, she wants her princess food. I know that I am way overdue to upload pics and video, so I will work on that soon!

No comments: